From the Eastman Website:
"To the eye, the Double Top seems like your classic flattop, traditional in the very best senses of the word. The
ear however tells a different story. The Double Top’s sound is noticeably more resonant and responsive, with
greater note clarity and balance. While still delivering all the tonal sensitivity and versatility players expect from
an elite-quality acoustic, the guitar’s sheer sonic presence is undeniable.
The technique, developed over many years, reflects a concentrated effort to add backbone to lighter tonewood.
To construct the Double Top body, a pair of one-millimeter-thin slices of spruce are joined with an equally thin
strip of printed material called Nomex, which resembles a thin shaving of a honeycomb.
Nomex, a resinous substance patented by its maker, DuPont, was originally devised for use in the aerospace
industry. On its own, the material is nearly weightless, composed almost entirely of air. Set upright between the
pieces of spruce, it acts like a rigid wall, adding layers of density and depth.
Meticulous craftsmanship ensures that this density never compromises the inherent lightness of the material
– and lighter material means greater possible sonic range. The Double Top can still respond to any vibration,
accommodating slower playing for bass frequencies and faster playing for the trebles. The instrument is thus
capable of carving out its space across a spectrum of styles and settings, from delicate solo picking to larger
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- Scale Length:25.4
- Bracings:Hand-Carved Scalloped X
- Body Top:Double Top Sitka Spruce w/ a Nomex Honeycomb Core
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Rosewood
- Bridge/Saddle:Ebony/Bone, 2-5/32" Spacing
- Truss Rod:Dual acting
- Binding Material:Herringbone
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Hallelujah
- Side Dot Color:Black
- Body Top Finish:Nitrocellulose
- Back/Sides Finish:Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Tuners:Gotoh SX 510
- Pickguard:Tortoise Shell Pro-Gaurd
- Strings:D'Addario .012 -.053 EXP16
- Action Height:12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
- Case:Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Truss Rod Wrench:4mm Allen